|'Pistol' Paul Whitcomb|
|Date of Birth||17 Years before E-Day|
|Date of Death||hasn't yet|
|Relative(s)||Brother - Kurt Whitcomb Parents - KIA|
- "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough."
- — Mario Andretti
- "The trouble with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in an awful hurry."
- — John Jensen
Paul is the younger of the two Whitcomb brothers. He is 19 years old and is an Ex-Gear. Paul was a standard rifleman in Kurt Whitcomb's (his older brother) unit. He his a very social person and likes to entertain/get attention. This caused him to join the CoG right after E-Day, because he knew that this new war against the Locust would keep him separated from his family more than he could stand. He was with his brother when they saw RAAM kill their parents, and agreed with Kurt to desert the CoG and seek revenge on RAAM for killing their parents.
- Paul specializes in pistols and handguns, and is commonly seen using 2 Snub Pistols during firefights.
- Paul's Boltok has a small blade hidden in the grip so he can use it even more effectively in close combat. This also makes his signature pistol whip even more deadly.
- He is known for
stealing"borrowing" Kurt's Boltok, despite Kurt's constant efforts to prevent this.
- He has been attempting to modify a Gorgon Pistol he stole from a Kantus to make it fire Boltok ammo, but has had no success at all so far. He refuses to go to Tom for help because of the 'incident' with Kurt's Torque Bow, which is now almost impossible to load.
- Paul's theme song is "Last Chance Blueprint" by Rise Against.
Paul was developed off the idea of the trope Gun Kata.